Bow hunting gloves can protect your hands while shooting and improve your performance when shooting in cold weather. They are very useful during late-season hunts when the weather starts getting a bit cold! A well designed pair of gloves can also provide additional camouflage and reduce the risk of being spotted by your prey.
Unfortunately, choosing the right pair of gloves for bow hunting isn’t always straightforward. Bow hunters have to maintain some level of dexterity in their hands while wearing gloves. That means they have to opt for gloves with specific designs and materials.
This guide will share some tips for choosing a pair of bow hunting gloves and then suggest 5 of the best bow hunting gloves on the market. Let’s get started!
Choosing a Pair of Bow Hunting Gloves
Here are some quick tips for choosing bow hunting gloves.
- Choose a material you find comfortable
Bow hunting gloves typically have inner linings made from wool, fleece, leather, or gore-tex. Many hunting gloves use gore-tex because it is cheap, water-proof and durable. However, some people don’t like the feel of it against their skin. Choose a glove made from a material you are familiar with and enjoy wearing.
- Consider flexibility
Flexibility is important in a bow hunting gloves. It helps you maintain some dexterity in your hands and maintain your accuracy. Typically, thinner gloves are more flexible compared to gloves with thick padding. Look for gloves that are warm while being thin enough for you to safely handle your bow.
- Be careful to choose the right glove size
Carefully measure your hands before purchasing your gloves. Gloves that are too tight will reduce your hand’s dexterity, while gloves that are too loose may interfere with the release action of your bow string.
- Choose the appropriate glove type for the conditions
Hunting gloves are available as full gloves, mittens, and fingerless gloves. Full gloves are the most common type of bow hunting glove because they are useful in all conditions. Hunting mittens are a great option for particularly cold climates. They usually have a foldaway flap so you can take your fingers out for the shot — an interesting and effective option. Fingerless gloves are useful for moderate climates. You still maintain complete dexterity in your fingers while your hands remain warm.
5 OF THE BEST BOW HUNTING GLOVES ON THE MARKET
These gloves are well made and will help you remain accurate while shooting!
1. Midwest 330 Extreme Cold Weather PVC Coated with Thinsulate Lined Decoy Hunting Gloves
This is an excellent product that is ideal for bow hunters. They are made from a 100% PVC coating and lining with a layer of 100% Thinsulate insulation for additional warmth. These gloves feature an extended gauntlet sleeve to ensure snow and water do not penetrate the interior. This feature also helps you stay clean when dressing a deer. These gloves are exceptionally weather-resistant and ideal for wet or snowy environments.
- Ideal for extremely cold environments and wet environments
- Very effective grip on the fingers and palm
- A high-quality mossy oak camouflage
- These are thick gloves that can impact your dexterity when firing
2. Glacier Glove Alaska Pro Full Finger Gloves
The Glacier Glove Alaska Pro gloves are made from a breathable waterproof material and packed with 60 grams of Thinsulate insulation for additional warmth. They are quite lightweight, which allows hunters to retain their dexterity when handling their bow. The palm and index finger of these gloves has a leather surface, which further improves bow handling. The Thinsulate insulation responds to your activity levels, which means they really keep your hands warm when you are active and scouting the trail or on a Tree Stand.
- Lightweight gloves that are excellent for archery
- Extremely waterproof
- Very warm without being bulky
- Not windproof so unsuitable for very windy conditions
- Not watertight if you choose the incorrect size
- Provides maximum warmth and protection
- Merino wool lining
- Breathable, waterproof membrane
- 4-Way stretch fabric
- Versatile, multi-functional usage
3. Hot Shot Men’s Camo Huntsman Pop-Top Mittens
Mittens provide an additional level of protection for your hands in very cold environments. However, it’s obviously difficult to shoot a bow while wearing mittens! Manufacturers have responded by creating mittens that have a fold back liner that exposes your hands. This gives you the best of both worlds — the warmth of a mitten while trekking and the ability to use your fingers on the bow without gloves getting in the way.
The Hot Shot Men’s Camo Huntsman is a great pair of mittens that is ideal for archery. This product has a shell constructed from 87% Polyester, and 13% Spandex. The palm patch is 100% Pvc and the glove’s lining is 100% Polyester. The shell is 100% waterproof, while the palm patch is breathable to reduce perspiration. When the mitt is folded back it can be attached to the glove with a magnetic fastener. It also comes with a gauntlet cuff that can be adjusted with velcro.
- Best of both worlds — mitten warmth with finger tip accuracy
- Complete waterproof and windproof exterior shell
- Extremely warm and ideal for cold or windy conditions
- Magnetic fasteners make pulling the mitt back easy
- The available camouflages are not the best on the market
- INSULATED: The Men’s Hot Shot Camo Huntsman Mittens are lined with 80 grams of 3M Thinsulate Insulation. It is a brushed tricot pop-top mitten, the perfect accessory to stay warm outside without having a bulky hand.
- OUTDOOR: These gloves are a great item for outdoor lovers who enjoy hunting and fishing. The camo design camouflages into your hunting surroundings and seasons. Available in medium, large and extra-large.
- ODOR RESISTANT: Odor-XChange lining technology targets bacteria that causes odor while wicking away moisture to keep your hands warm and dry. They are a great gift option for your favorite huntsman and easy to take off after use.
- FUNCTIONAL: Keep your hands mobile with the pop-top for your fingers and thumb, made of 100% polyester. Silent magnetic closures are located on the pop-top and pull back thumb to keep the flap out of your way and give you an advantage while hunting.
- COMFORTABLE: There is a zippered heater pack pocket to stay warm in extreme winter temperatures. The stretch fleece fingers keep you comfortable, while the Pro-Text touch technology on the index finger allows you to use your phone when wearing them.
4. Favuit Camo Hunting Gloves Lightweight Pro Anti-Slip Shooting Gloves
Favuit have been making quality hunting gloves for many years. They have developed a reputation for making products that are high-quality and very affordable. These gloves are no exception — they are mind bogglingly cheap!
However, these gloves are only designed to conceal the hands — they don’t offer much protection in cold and wet environments. They are made from 100% polyester with a rubber/silicone grip texture. The fingers feature sure-grip inch dots, which does a great job at improving the glove’s grip. This is a well made product ideal for the warmer months. Many hunters use these gloves underneath a pair of mittens. They simply drop the mittens before taking a shot.
- Incredibly lightweight and perfect for bow hunting
- Effective camouflage
- Very well made and durable
- Not designed for protection from the cold, they are designed for concealment
- 🧤WATERPROOF FABRIC - The hunting gloves are made of 100% polyester ultra-lightweight material for lightweight and comfortable wear.Surface water repellent layer easily withstands outdoor rain or wet weather,the water will automatically condense into beads and slide off when you shake it,keeps your hands dry and comfortable at all times(although the fabric of shell is waterproof,it isn't suitable for using in the rain for a long time or immersing into the water).
- ⚓NEW GLOVE FEATURES - Lightweight material and mesh interior thumb provide the breathability needed for warm weather hunting with a double layer of padded fabric for added rugged construction and long-lasting durability, ideal for use in both spring and fall seasons. Full finger adjustable design for thumb, index finger and middle finger, bow gloves is very flexible and can be used for any hand movement without taking your hand off.
- 🔫ADJUSTABLE WRIST STRAP---Adjustable wrist strap at the bottom that can be easily adjusted to fit your hand and worn securely. The cuffs are carefully stitched together so they won't loosen and remain stable, helping you shoot or use them. The palm and index finger area are covered with mesh non-slip silicone,that is super sticky,which will make the grip stronger and easier,non-slip grip on bows, arrows or other equipment.
- " 🏹WIDE RANGE OF USES: Great for warm weather hunting during turkey, deer and big game seasons, can be used for hunting, shooting, wildfowling, stalking, paintball, airsoft, surveillance, wildlife photography, bird watching, cinematography equipment, children's game rooms and a variety of other equipment. Can be used as warm gloves in colder weather."
- " 🛒TWO SIZE - Camo Gloves are suitable for outdoor lovers of both sexes, in general, women and youth choose size M, adult men choose size L. You can also refer to the picture, hand size: M: 3.54 inches; L: 3.94 inches. Any questions, feel free to contact us, CONTACT US: Login your amazon account > choose ""Your orders"" > find the order ID > click ""Contact seller"". "
5. Igloos Men’s The Sentry Mittens
Fingerless gloves are an excellent choice for bow hunting because they allow you to maintain complete control of the bow. The Igloos Men’s the Sentry Mittens are made from a 5-gauge rag blend of wool and acrylic. They come with a mitten pop-top, which extends over the fingers when you are not shooting. These gloves are also lined with 40 grams of Thinsulate insulation, which makes them even warmer! The split leather palm patch provides excellent traction on a bow.
- Fingerless gloves allow for excellent bow control
- Very well made and durable
- Extremely warm and comfortable
- You don’t have to keep taking your gloves on and off, you simply slide the mittens back
- Not camouflaged
- Not waterproof
- Material: 55% wool and 45% acrylic.
- It is made of high quality metal material within vinyl coating which is safe non-toxic, bisphenol A, phthalate and lead-free.
- Unisex gloves with open fingertips and a flap mitten cover.
BEST OVERALL GLOVES
The best pair of gloves from those reviewed here are Glacier Glove Alaska Pro Full Finger Gloves. They have the right combination of features and high-quality construction that bow hunters need in a pair of gloves.
MOST AFFORDABLE BOW HUNTING GLOVES
If you are looking for an affordable pair of well made gloves, you can’t go past the Favuit Camo Hunting Gloves. The only downside of these gloves is that they don’t provide much protection from cold weather. If you are hunting in a cold environment, the best value-for-money option would be Glacier Glove Alaska Pro gloves. The level of warmth they provide is exceptional and they are quote affordable.
We hope you enjoyed reading our guide to the best bow hunting gloves! These gloves will make hunting expeditions much more comfortable and improve your results!