Now that I have private land to hunt on, I’ve been thinking of where to place my 2 cameras and how often to go check them. Should I setup a feeder? A pile of corn? Neither? I will also share some of the best trail cameras for wildlife below.
Deer have a phenomenal sense of smell and going into an area too often will leave behind your stink and can scare off some deer. If you’re trying to get a big buck you need to take all precautions, after all, they didn’t get big because they were dumb. Many only come out after dark and are quick to spook and possibly never return to the area.
I’m a person that wants to see what is going on at my camera. Last year I placed a camera on public land and was a nervous wreck afraid someone would find it and take off with it, I wanted to go back and check not only on the camera but also what it may have captured on a daily basis. I didn’t because of the smell issue, but still went back too often. Now with the private land I’m wondering whether going back once a week to retrieve my cards is ok or if I need to wait longer.
Doing some research I learned more about cellular trail cameras. They use a cellular data card and plan to transmit pictures to an FTP server, email or phone depending on what brand and model you get. You can setup the camera and not have to go back for months at a time! No more disturbing the wildlife and if your property is a long drive away, no more wasting gas to check on a camera. You will have a monthly fee from AT&T (the most common one I could find) but you could save much more than that on gas.
In my case, I’m 5 minutes away so it would be more about not spooking the wildlife and being able to get pictures daily than anything else.
If you have ever wondered if using hunting video cameras is worth the money and effort, then wonder no more. Every hunter needs to be using video cameras to scope out the land and stop wasting hunting trips going to plots that is just plain dead with no activity. We are video experts in the outdoors and will do our best to guide you in the right direction of getting the perfect hunting camera to help you find busy locations of big game. If you are on a tight budget then I have the perfect cam for you, Vikeri Trail Camera 20MP 1520P.
Its Amazon`s choice and it`s really a a great video camera for those on a low budget and gets the job done with it’s 14 mega pixel view, and you can’t go wrong with this one. You can find this for a great price at the moment as there are several discounts.
Even though the Campark is low cost, you can get better deals when you buy bundles. Why buy bundles? Besides the great price break you get with bundles, you are going to need things like SD Cards, and mounts so you might as well get even more of a price break bundling it all up. It also makes sense because you get the recommendations for the compatible accessories that fits well with the hunting video cameras you purchase. You want to hunt smarter and buy smarter.
It is always best to purchase the accessories to bundle everything you need. I recommend an SD card, lock cable, and security box, if you don’t already have one of these.
Here Is What Best Trail Cameras Will Capture
If you haven’t been using trail cameras then you should consider it and I highly recommend it. Watch this video it explains it better than anyone else that I have ever heard.
If bundles aren’t what you are looking for then you can still get excellent hunting video cameras individually at great prices. These cameras are highly recommended and I wouldn’t recommend anything that I wouldn’t use myself.
You never have to pick your brain to wonder if you are getting the right hunting video camera or not, I have done the leg work for you. All you have to do now is just choose the ones that are in your budget because they are all very nice to have and will do the job you need. There are no excuses for not going out and finding the hot spots for your next hunt.
There are many great trail cameras on the market that I recommend such as; bushnell trail cameras, moultrie trail cameras, and many more. The bottom line is that trail cameras are essential for game scouting and should be used to help you find what you been missing out on.
- Ultra-Sharp Resolution: This backcountry camera offers HD 4K audio video and 48 megapixel images, allowing you to get up close and personal with the wildlife world and capture more detail with crisp, high-quality photos and videos.
- Clear Night Vision Shooting：The game camera is equipped with 46 non-illuminated infrared LEDs that can capture clear black and white night images within 98 feet without disturbing the animals.
- IP66-Waterproof & Long Battery Life: The wildlife cameras has a long working time of 6 months and IP66 waterproof performance, so you can shoot outdoors for a long time without the need to change the battery frequently.At the same time, it can also withstand various harsh weather and outdoor environments.
- 130°Wide Angle & Concealment: This tracking game camera has a 130-degree wide-angle lens, which can monitor and shoot a wide range of fauna, with a broader field of view. Camouflage appearance design, can make the camera better can be hidden in the forest, not to disturb the animals.
- Long Distance Fast Trigger: Hunting camera trigger time of only 0.05-0.3S, PIR distance of up to 1-98 FT,Once the moving target enters the PIR scanning range, it will trigger the camera to take pictures as fast as possible, so you won't miss any exciting moments.
- Mini Trail Camera: Compared to other wildlife cameras, this game camera is much smaller in weight and appearance, providing a new visual experience and showing you a different world of wildlife. You can install it in any place without it being easily detected.
- Full HD 1080P Video & 24MP Photo: This trail camera is equipped with a full automatic IR filter, this trail cam captures clear 24 MP images and full HD 1080P videos during both day and night,ensuring that every detail is captured.High-resolution photos and videos will be produced.
- 4pcs Batteries & Low Power Consumption: This new hunting trail camera only requires four batteries, reducing its weight and making it easy for you to carry outdoors. Additionally, its extremely low power consumption extends its battery life in standby mode.
- A Reliable Handy Security Camera: The hunting game camera can be used for hunting, observing animals and plants, monitoring your warehouse, and home security.
- Easy to Operate & Install & Reliable Service: The default settings are already ideal for most wildlife applications, making it easy to use. It is also easy to install with the included mounting strap or mounting plate. If you encounter any problems with this product, please feel free to contact us. Our professional after-sale service will respond to your questions within 24 hours.
- 1.New version trail cam: 36MP 4K ultra-high resolution deliver stunning vibrant images and clear audible videos, with built in 2.0 inches LCD color screen, You could easily see the wildlife world.
- 2.0.2S trigger speed : WOSPORTS Wildlife hunting camera will be triggered instantly in 0.2s without delay so that you will never miss any exciting moments anytime.
- 3.32pcs IR LEDs:New motion activated night vision camera is designed with 32 pcs IR LEDs that provides a 80 feet flash range, which is less terrified to wild animals.
- 4.Wide 120° angle lens: This scouting camera has a 120° wide angle lens with 80 feet/24m triggering distance,which allows you to get an excellent broader view.
- 5.Multi-function trail camera:This waterproof game camera is designed for scouting the wildlife or home yard security with many functions(Time Switch/Timer/Time Stamp Function Etc.) You can easy to use it by following user manual.This hunting camera is a great gift choice for your family and friends!
- 🎥【2K 30fps HD Video】The Usogood trail camera with an upgraded CMOS image sensor, is capable of taking REAL 36 MP resolution photos and recording 2K 30fps videos, Game camera is perfect for capturing clear, vivid footage and audible videos of wildlife animals day and night.
- 🌙【Excellent Night Vision】 Trail cameras with night vision motion activated waterproof with 36pcs 850nm LED allows you to have a moderate fill light in the dark, you can get clear night vision without losing any details, not scaring the animals, and without overexposure, the shooting distance up to 65ft.
- 🔋【Longer Standby Time】The upgraded outdoor trail cam has been tested and the included 8 batteries can be used to take more than 10,000 photos, so you don't need to change the battery frequently, hunting camera is compatible with DC 6V/2.0A, 3.5mm interface external power supply (not included).
- 🐿️【120°Wide Angle and Fast Trigger Speed】 game cameras with night vision motion activated waterproof with a positive sensor and two side sensors, an adjustable120°wide-angle detection range allows you to get a wider field of view, once movements are detected, the wildlife camera can reach up to a fast 0.3s trigger speed, quick shutter speed means that you can capture any exciting motion.
- 🌧️【Easy to set up and operate】IP66 Waterproof hunting & trail camera can be fixed anywhere with a 1.8m sturdy mounting belt, easier to navigate menus and change settings with the 2.0" LED screen, More Features: 3 capture modes (photo, video, photo+video), target recording time, time-lapse, temperature and time display, etc.
- Trail Camera Lens: 1520P 28MP. Trail Cam offers a 2.7k resolution HD quality video, time can be set to 3-60 seconds and 2-10 mins.
- 0.2s Trigger Time means to capture clear wildlife for you. With “hyper night vision mode”, the game camera will take sharp and crisp pictures up to 65ft at night.
- IP66 Waterproof - camera's durable case design makes it a reliable choice that can withstand the rigors of outdoor use and the elements. This also makes a great gift for photography lovers
- 850nm low glow night vision lens with 26 IR LED
- Installed 8x AA batteries (Not included in the package) will provide a 180-day long duration. This Hunting Camera also comes with a 32 GB microSD (installable up to 512GB).
If you have a remote hunting location or even a property you want to keep tabs on for security reasons, consider checking out the best trail cameras for wildlife. These cameras can be left in place for long periods of time to capture images or video of the wildlife in the area, or even any people who may be trespassing.