Now that I have private land to hunt on, I’ve been thinking of where to place my 2 cameras and how often to go check them. Should I setup a feeder? A pile of corn? Neither? I will also share some of the best trail cameras for wildlife below.
Deer have a phenomenal sense of smell and going into an area too often will leave behind your stink and can scare off some deer. If you’re trying to get a big buck you need to take all precautions, after all, they didn’t get big because they were dumb. Many only come out after dark and are quick to spook and possibly never return to the area.
I’m a person that wants to see what is going on at my camera. Last year I placed a camera on public land and was a nervous wreck afraid someone would find it and take off with it, I wanted to go back and check not only on the camera but also what it may have captured on a daily basis. I didn’t because of the smell issue, but still went back too often. Now with the private land I’m wondering whether going back once a week to retrieve my cards is ok or if I need to wait longer.
Doing some research I learned more about cellular trail cameras. They use a cellular data card and plan to transmit pictures to an FTP server, email or phone depending on what brand and model you get. You can setup the camera and not have to go back for months at a time! No more disturbing the wildlife and if your property is a long drive away, no more wasting gas to check on a camera. You will have a monthly fee from AT&T (the most common one I could find) but you could save much more than that on gas.
In my case, I’m 5 minutes away so it would be more about not spooking the wildlife and being able to get pictures daily than anything else.
If you have ever wondered if using hunting video cameras is worth the money and effort, then wonder no more. Every hunter needs to be using video cameras to scope out the land and stop wasting hunting trips going to plots that is just plain dead with no activity. We are video experts in the outdoors and will do our best to guide you in the right direction of getting the perfect hunting camera to help you find busy locations of big game. If you are on a tight budget then I have the perfect cam for you, Vikeri Trail Camera 20MP 1520P.
Its Amazon`s choice and it`s really a a great video camera for those on a low budget and gets the job done with it’s 14 mega pixel view, and you can’t go wrong with this one. You can find this for a great price at the moment as there are several discounts.
Even though the Campark is low cost, you can get better deals when you buy bundles. Why buy bundles? Besides the great price break you get with bundles, you are going to need things like SD Cards, and mounts so you might as well get even more of a price break bundling it all up. It also makes sense because you get the recommendations for the compatible accessories that fits well with the hunting video cameras you purchase. You want to hunt smarter and buy smarter.
It is always best to purchase the accessories to bundle everything you need. I recommend an SD card, lock cable, and security box, if you don’t already have one of these.
Here Is What Best Trail Cameras Will Capture
If you haven’t been using trail cameras then you should consider it and I highly recommend it. Watch this video it explains it better than anyone else that I have ever heard.
If bundles aren’t what you are looking for then you can still get excellent hunting video cameras individually at great prices. These cameras are highly recommended and I wouldn’t recommend anything that I wouldn’t use myself.
You never have to pick your brain to wonder if you are getting the right hunting video camera or not, I have done the leg work for you. All you have to do now is just choose the ones that are in your budget because they are all very nice to have and will do the job you need. There are no excuses for not going out and finding the hot spots for your next hunt.
There are many great trail cameras on the market that I recommend such as; bushnell trail cameras, moultrie trail cameras, and many more. The bottom line is that trail cameras are essential for game scouting and should be used to help you find what you been missing out on.
- New version trail cam: 30MP 1920P FHD ultra-high resolution deliver stunning vibrant images and clear audible videos, with built in 2.0 inches LCD color screen, You could easily see the wildlife world.
- 0.2S trigger speed : WOSPORTS Wildlife hunting camera will be triggered instantly in 0.2s without delay so that you will never miss any exciting moments anytime.
- 32pcs IR LEDs:New motion activated night vision camera is designed with 32 pcs IR LEDs that provides a 80 feet flash range,which is less terrified to wild animals.
- Wide 120° angle lens: This scouting camera has a 120° wide angle lens with 80 feet/24m triggering distance,which allows you to get an excellent broader view.
- Multi-function trail camera:This waterproof game camera is designed for scouting the wildlife or home yard security with many functions(Time Switch/Timer/Time Stamp Function Etc.) You can easy to use it by following user manual.This hunting camera is a great gift choice for your family and friends!
- Video Ultra High Resolution - Resolution deliver stunning vibrant images and clear audible videos even during the dark night, with a built-in 2.4" LCD color screen, it moves you closer to watch wildlife
- IP66 Waterproof & Heavy-Duty - Use high grade IP66 materials, extremely durable from seal to probe lens. protects your trail camera, ensure that can prevent rain-proof, drop-proof and dust-proof, and also ensure it could work in tough environments like tropical rain forest or desert
- Amazing Faster 0.2s Trigger Speed - The trigger distance is up to 25m(80ft) day/20m(65ft)night. Once movements are detected, the lightning-fast trigger speed of less than 0.2s with 1 to 3 shots choice guarantees fast and accurate capture of each detected motion exposed to the field of this game trail camera hunting before shooting
- 120°Wide Angle Lens & 48 PCS No Glow Infrared LEDs - Trail game camera is equipped with a 120° detecting range, which allows you to get an excellent broader view. 48 PCS no glow infrared LEDs, which makes it a stealthy unit that does not intrude into the natural habitat. It will record any animal movements you want with a wide-angle lens even on rainy days
- Easy Install & Widely Used - Hunting with the gifted mounting strap, it is easy to install this trail camera hunting sturdy. You could apply the hunting camera to wildlife observation and hunting, home/property security, farm area surveillance, remote crop
- Innovative Wi-Fi Connection: The GardePro E6 features super low-power Wi-Fi and compatible with Bluetooth technology, comes with a free and easy-to-use APP (GardePro Mobile), allows you more easily to operate your cameras. No monthly fee. No remote control is required. All you need to do is stay within the Wi-Fi signal range.
- More Reliable Signal: The E6 cam is equipped with an antenna for more reliable Wi-Fi signal, significantly reduces the possibilities of Wi-Fi disconnection, ensures high-speed transmission speed between your mobile phone and your camera.
- 24MP Still Image and 1296P Video: Featuring a premium optical lens with wide 110° view angle and a cutting-edge image sensor, the E6 captures crystal clear, perfect 24MP pictures and 1296P HD videos. Featuring advanced H.264 video encoding technology, the E6 allows you preview videos and pictures without having to download them first.
- No Glow Night Vision: The E6 is equipped with enhanced 940nm no glow infrared technology, makes your camera more stealth, encompasses adaptive illumination technology to avoid overexposure or over-dimmed, delivers brilliant night vision up to 75ft.
- More Features: 3 capture modes (photo, video, both photo and video), Time Stamp, Time Lapse, Operation Hours, Sound Recording, Programmable Timezone, Loop Recording, Password Protected, Waterproof.
- 30MP Image and 1920P Video: The game camera 2023 is capable of taking 30MP resolution photos and recording 1920P videos, delivering stunningly vibrant images and clear, audible videos.
- 0.2s Trigger Speed: With a lightning-fast trigger speed of 0.2s, the hunting camera ensures fast and accurate capture of each detected motion. Additionally, it has a time-lapse shooting function that can be used to observe the growth process of plants or animals' habits.
- Wide Range Detection: The deer camera is equipped with three PIR sensors to improve sensitivity, the trail camera provides a 120° wide detecting range, allowing you to get an excellent broader view.
- 2.0 Inch Color LCD Screen: The hunting trail camera features a 2.0-inch LCD color screen, enabling you to view clear and complete images and videos directly on the camera.
- Easy To Operate: The animal trail camera has various functions, such as time switch, timer, and time stamp function, making it simple to customize your scouting specifications.
- Ultra-clear pictures and videos - This trail camera can support up to 4K video and 32MP pictures. The powerful 40 no glow LEDs make the images at night clearly visible. With the speaker, the video is more vivid, Restore the real scene of the scene.
- 0.1 s Trigger Time - The game camera can take pictures within 0.1 second of detecting motion, and you can set four shooting times from 1-3, 10 to ensure fast and accurate capture of fast-moving objects, fast, Accurate and reliable hunting camera.
- IP66 waterproof and dustproof - Vikeri 4K trail game camera with excellent quality use strict materials and rigorous workmanship ensures that the camera can maintain normal operation under harsh conditions. Long standby time, up to 180 days. Waterproof, dustproof, shockproof, and can work normally from -22 °F to 158 °F, excellent quality can be used in a variety of environments, such as deserts, rainforests, etc.
- Wide range detection - This camera can detect and capture pictures or videos with a wide angle of 120°. The motion detection module can detect motion at a distance of up to 80ft, and the non-light LEDs can provide enough light source at 80ft. With the combination of the two, the camera can take clear photos or videos at long distances to achieve the effect of comprehensive monitoring.
- Easy to Install and Operate - Using the newer bracket is easier to fix than traditional brackets, and the detailed and comprehensive instructions allow you to get started quickly with this camera. Ultra-high concealment, No glow LED plus ambient color pattern. A variety of application scenarios, such as wildlife observation and hunting, home/property security, and farm monitoring, to capture interesting, unexpected images.
If you have a remote hunting location or even a property you want to keep tabs on for security reasons, consider checking out the best trail cameras for wildlife. These cameras can be left in place for long periods of time to capture images or video of the wildlife in the area, or even any people who may be trespassing.